Why run with the crowd when you can run around in circles?

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Paradise

It’s official, I am insane.

Spending the summer here has been so wonderful that I’ve developed a major blind spot to how completely dreadful winter can be. I am leaning strongly towards staying. How can I not? One can still pump gas before paying! And in this place, trust is so rampant that you can leave your keys in your car with all your possessions still in it while gallivanting around on your bicycle all day, because you know that the boatyard may need the keys to move the car to move a boat. And later you get the ribbing from the one who moved the car who saw your sprout seeds sunning in the front seat. What, doesn’t everyone grow sprouts in their cars? Why not, what’s wrong with them? What do they do when they want a snack, stop at a convenience store and buy junk food? Oh, right, and I’m the weird one.
Here, I am among the best friends a person can ever have. If one is going to be insane, this is the best place to do so, among trusted friends who will stand by me no matter what. As long as I don’t take to running after them with an ax!

And that I can’t promise. If this lease for the cozy cottage goes through, I will need to cut a lot of wood for my wood stove, and might need some volunteers to help!

Winter… I’m still half hoping that we’ll have a good cold snap to snap me out of my delusions, but by then it may be too late. My friends are already considering it a done deal and have mapped out how often I am having parties in my cottage for them! They’ve been deprived ever since I sailed away with the ‘party boat’, and then went and sold it! I soon may be committed, to keep the home fire burning for the duration.

What have I almost done?
Found my home again.

No comments: