Why run with the crowd when you can run around in circles?

Friday, July 17, 2009

This just in-living may cause cancer



I get my news via internet, usually in the morning, meaning I can skip the hype and get to what’s real (at least what’s real to me, and that’s all that counts). While sipping my morning tea and skimming headlines, I saw one that blared, ‘drinking hot tea may cause esophageal cancer.’ Instead of making me panic, I started to laugh, almost snorting hot tea through my nostrils. But then I got scared about what kind of cancer that might cause me, and spit tea all over the floor instead, wondering if spilled hot tea spilled would react with the floor wax and/or the wood, which might also give me some heinous type of cancer.

While cancer is no laughing matter, I do get a kick out of hearing what will cause us a hideous death. Here are just a few of things:

Grilled meat
Sun
Stress
Wine (and then there are those articles that claim wine may prevent cancer-take your pick)
Cell phones
Showers
Tight Clothing
Dryer Sheets
Underarm deodorant
Plastic
Air

I could go on, but you get the idea. Now please excuse me. I’ve finished my hot tea, and must shower, put on my deodorant, get dressed in my freshly dryer-dried spandex, and worry about whether or not I have enough burgers for the cookout, while drinking wine from my plastic wine goblet and talking on the cell phone in the sun, breathing the fresh summer air.

A sure recipe for a health disaster.

No comments: