Why run with the crowd when you can run around in circles?

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Snew Year


White stuff is falling on New Year’s Eve, for a change. I do believe this may become an annual New England tradition, just like the Christmas cold I get every year, without fail. Honestly, I’d prefer the fruitcake, to go with all the others out there.

I do pity all the amateurs, who, after getting wild and crazy all evening, will have to navigate that slippery, checkpoint-laden pavement, probably losing their buzz in the process. Personally, I’ll be in bed long before that exciting magical event of numbers increases by one, which is almost as exciting as the day that we go from, say June 9th to June 10th. Woohoo, whoopee!

I don’t normally make New Year’s resolutions, but will make an exception this year: My goal is to avoid deer ticks the way I avoid relationships with men. As if they carry the plague or something. If I find one clinging to me, I’ll bash it with a rock until there’s nothing left but a few shattered bits.

That way I can continue my peaceful, happy, singular, unencumbered existence.

Still, all in all, it’s been a decent year, despite the temporary setbacks of illness, poverty, and driving a car with no heat. Nobody I know, including me, died, and spring is just around the corner.

Right?

3 comments:

1dozenraw said...

"My goal is to avoid deer ticks the way I avoid relationships with men. As if they carry the plague or something. If I find one clinging to me, I’ll bash it with a rock until there’s nothing left but a few shattered bits."

Hmmmm.... not sure how I feel about that. I'd say that I'm glad I'm not a deer tick, but that's really not going to get me off the hook apparently. Meanwhile, I am not liking snow, but I am liking life and hope that you had as good a Holiday stretch as I did. Get healthy and stay healthy this year. Bash a tick and keep smiling. Meanwhile, stuck here with a very long and steep driveway, I will work on my Moto Guzzi LeMans and dream of riding it in the spring. Could be a lot worse, but I do wish I was in So. Cal. or New Orleans right now. I have to get up to see "The Donald" soon. Need some machining done possibly. Hi to him if you see him. Keep the faith (small f).

Kit Walker said...

Happy hour every evening at WM, stop by. Not that I'm there very often anymore; too busy hibernating! Me and my big bashing rock will be out in spring...

1dozenraw said...

Headed up to see The Donald today.. mid day. Hope all is well with you. I'm off to New Orleans on Tuesday... very happy I am.