Why run with the crowd when you can run around in circles?

Friday, June 11, 2010

On the Rocks


It's not that I don't love you. It's not that I want to give up on us. I don't want to leave you, I want to stay here forever.

But you've been so cold to me for so long, and then sometimes you smother me until I can't breathe. Between your dark moods, and those biting jabs that knock me to the ground, oooof. It's nearly impossible to get up again.

I know that in order for this to work, I have to accept that you are what you are. I'm the one who has to change, adapt, because you won't compromise one inch.

I don't know if I'm up to it. I've tried to make this work for two years now, but am longing for some warmth in my life.

Oh, Rhode Island, I don't know if I can continue to live with so much winter. Which is followed by spring, oh, lovely spring, when everything blooms so beautifully and clogs my lungs with pollen. For an entire week, there's been no sun, no temp above 70. Is this a rerun of last year's wet, cold, soggy non-summer, filled with life-sucking ticks?

I don't think I can take it. It may be better if I pack up and go. But go where???

No comments: